GO FOR IT is a new Church of Scotland fund which has taken over from three separate funds – Parish Development, Priority Areas Staffing and Emerging Ministries.
Go For It is about funding change in church and community, aiming to encourage creative ways of working that develop the life and mission of the local church and are transformative for both communities and congregations.
The focus is very much on ‘the local’ and any application must be able to demonstrate clearly its association with at least one Church of Scotland congregation. Successful applicants must meet at least two of the following five criteria:
- meeting identified needs in their community;
- nurturing Christian faith within and beyond the church;
- tackling poverty and/or social injustice;
- developing new ecclesial/Christian communities; and
- creating work which is genuinely innovative and shares good practice with others.
There are six grant programmes, each with its own maximum award: Research (£1,500); Pilot (£5,000); Step (£5,000); Main & Continuation (£45,000 over a three year period); Training (£1,500; and Help (£2,000).
The closing dates for submitting a Main Grant application are 28 September and 1 March, and there are no deadlines for the other small grants.