Hundreds of Christians will join together to make a public statement of their faith this Eastertide. Here are some details:
(ACTIV) Action of Churches Together in the Vale (of Leven)
• Good Friday: Walk of Witness: 11am St Mungo’s Episcopal Church, Alexandria; proceed to Our Lady and St Marks (RC); readings and prayers take place outside the churches.
• Easter Sunday: dawn service at 7 am. Meet at Slipway, Balloch; followed by tea, coffee and hot cross buns at St Kessog’s, Balloch.
Baillieston Churches Together
• Good Friday: Walk of Witness/Faith: 11 am leaving from St Andrew’s Baillieston, and finishing at Mure Memorial, Garrowhill.
Bishopbriggs Churches Together
• Good Friday: 7 pm at Community Church – ‘Good Friday: a time to celebrate?’
• Easter Sunday: 6.45 am: dawn service at Cadder Church, followed by breakfast.
Clydebank Churches Together
• Good Friday: Walk of Witness: 10.30 a.m. from Radnor Park Church of Scotland to Three Queens Square. Service of Witness: 11 am at Three Queens Square, Clydebank shopping centre.
Easter Sunday: dawn service, Clydebank high park, 7.30 a.m.
Easter Sunday: praise service: Kilbowie St Andrew’s church, 6.30 p.m.
Kirkintilloch and Lenzie ACTS Group
• Good Friday: Walk of Witness: 11.00 am start at the Old Farmer’s Market opposite Freeland Place, next to Sainsbury’s. Those who wish to start from Lenzie, meet at Lenzie Old Parish at 10.15am then to Lenzie Union and St. Cyprian’s, travelling along the footpath and on to Kirkintilloch, gathering opposite Freeland Place. The Walk will end with a short service in St.Mary’s Parish Church followed by a time of Fellowship in the Hall with tea and coffee.
Glasgow City Centre Churches
• Good Friday: Walk of Witness: gather at Royal Exchange Square at 10.15 am, begin walk at 10.45 am and end at St Vincent’s Plaza about 12 noon.
Glasgow West End ACTS
• Easter Day: 8 am service in Kelvingrove Park, near Lord Roberts’ statue.