Title of Post: COP26 ADMINISTRATOR
Responsible to: Glasgow Churches COP 26 Co-ordinating Group
COP26 Administrator – £24,000 pro rata. 0.4 FTE per week for 8 months, with a degree of flexibility for additional hours during the COP, 1st to 12th November 2021
The post is for a capable administrator, with the ability to work independently (and remotely when necessary) with excellent oral and written communication skills and highly capable with Word, Excel and Outlook as well as able to support online Calendars, update social media and learn to use any relevant new apps or packages related to offering hospitality and accommodation.
To primarily co-ordinate a hospitality and welcome response from Glasgow Churches, including offers of accommodation to individuals and offers of premises to groups visiting Glasgow, as well as providing support before and during the COP26 to the member and partner churches in Glasgow Churches Together.
To liaise with and support the GCCG COP26 Ambassador, to ensure that the churches have the best possible experience.
To develop a database of contacts and ecumenical activity in the wider Glasgow area.
The Administrator would be based in Glasgow Presbytery Office, Bath Street, or working from home, dependent on access to offices due to COVID19 restrictions.
Main Purpose of Post:
- Liaise with regional, national and international denominational bodies
- Liaise with Civil Society groups who are also co-ordinating programmes to offer hospitality
- Liaise with Glasgow City Council and Scottish and UK Governments
- Liaise with Police Scotland
- Liaise with all members of GCCG, attend meetings as and when required, provide written reports as and when required.
- Inform interested parties of relevant regulations, codes of conduct and protocols to manage and reduce risk.
- Promote use of any online apps or sites approved by Civil Society Forum and GCC as portals to offer accommodation to individuals or groups.
- Work collaboratively across the churches and encourage participation.
- Build a network of Christian Denominations.
- Submit a final written report to GCCG to GCT and ACTS outlining the experiences of the churches and offering recommendations for the future, including support for a legacy programme.
- The successful candidate will be required to be/become a member of Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme.
- Closing date Monday 5th April 2021
- Please send a covering letter showing your suitability for the role and up to date CV to:
Elspeth Glasgow, Ecumenical Officer, Glasgow Churches Together.
**Should you wish to discuss the post further contact Elspeth in the first instance and she will direct you to the most appropriate person.